The Albert Square and St Stephen’s Association (ASSA), a residents’ association for the Albert Square conservation area in South Lambeth, is inviting local charities and organizations to submit bids for small grants which can be paid from the association’s funds.
Organizations considering making a bid are given the following guidance:
- We invite bids for grants of up to a maximum of 500 pounds. The average size of grant paid in the past is around 300 pounds, and we do not anticipate any significant change in this policy.
- Whilst ASSA do not insist that bidding organizations are active within the precise area covered by the association, we do ask that the grant will be used for the benefit of local people.
- Bids should be made for a specific capital expenditure or project, rather than to meet the general running costs of an organization.
- Organizations receiving a grant will be expected to send a short report once the grant has been spent.
- ASSA will not make grants to sectarian or political organizations
- Bids should be accompanied by a copy of the most recent set of accounts for the organization making the application.
To submit an application please write to the Chairman of ASSA, Peter Edwards (firstname.lastname@example.org) giving an brief outline of the organization making the bid, the purpose for which the grant will be used, and the amount requested. Bids should be submitted before 20th February 2015.