Would you like to STOP cars rat running/ taking short cuts through our area?
Do you have ideas for how to improve our streets?
Come along and have your say. We only have a VERY SHORT time to imput into Lambeth’s Neighbourhood Enhancement programme. This programme will be rolled out over the next 2 Years, so make the effort to make a difference.
Now is the chance to say if you want to STOP or diminish rat running- this could be through the implentation of no right or left turns/ gating areas or roads off/ and or to only allow pedestrian or bike access and one way streets.
MEETING to debate and discuss all possibilities.
When: 7.30pm, Wednesday 29th February 2012
Where: Wheatsheaf Hall, Wheatsheaf Lane (off South Lambeth Road) SW8 2UP
If you can’t make it to the meeting then email suggestions or comments to Rosemary Ellis (chair of ASSA) email: email@example.com or comment on this site please.
Lambeth has a project “to make the streets safer, greener and cleaner across 8 wards” including Oval and Stockwell. It is called the Neighbourhood Enhancement Programme.
The sort of improvements which might be appropriate:
- Improvements could include the following where practical and depending on local priorities and funding:
- STOP or diminish rat running- this could be through the implentation of no right or left turns/ gating areas or roads off/ and or to only allow pedestrian or bike access and one way streets or designated play areas.
- measures to reduce road danger e.g. 20 mph zones better access for cyclists and facilities such as secure cycle parking
- cycle training
- car clubs
- tree planting and food growing
- removal of street clutter such as unnecessary bollards and signs
- new disabled parking bays and facilities to improve access such as dropped kerbs
- As a number of benefits will be delivered at one time it will achieve better value for money for your community.Why are Lambeth doing this?“Our aim is to make improvements in line with our transport strategy to:
- promote sustainable, healthy travel behaviour
- improve air quality
- reduce the number of people killed and seriously injured in road collisions
- reduce Lambeth’s CO2 emissions.”Lambeth have given ASSA and TARA, our friends in the roads neighbouring Tradescant Road, until Friday 9th March to come up with ideas under the following headings:
- Cycling, i.e. access and facilities
- Car Clubs
- Planting and food growing
- Street furniture and clutter
- Crime Prevention (feedback will be passed to community safety team for consideration)
- Roads and Pavements (feedback will be passe to highways team for consideration)
- Other local concerns