Play your part in brightening up our neighbourhood this Saturday 23 November, 10am – 1pm
With the assistance of Lambeth’s Community Freshview team, ASSA has arranged a neighbourhood clean-up for Saturday, 23 November, from 10am to 1.00pm.
The idea is that as many local residents as possible turn out to tidy up our streets (Albert Square, Aldebert Terrace, St Stephen’s Terrace and Wilkinson Street) and generally give the area a facelift. What does that mean? Things that you could do might include:
- weeding between the paving stones and around trees/lampposts on the pavement outside or near your home
- cutting back hedges or shrubs if they are overhanging the footpath
- scrubbing out graffiti on walls and lampposts – we hope that Lambeth Crime Busters will help in removing the worst graffiti
- help our street cleaner by clearing away any litter or rubbish
- checking out communal features, such as the seating and raised flower beds outside St Stephen’s church
Bring your own tools if you have them, but don’t worry if you don’t as some tools will be available from Lambeth, and neighbours, on the day.
This is also an opportunity to get rid of any unwanted items you’ve had lying about in your garden or area. There’ll be a skip where you can dispose of them, along with the rest of the rubbish.
AND THEN THE SOCIAL SIDE
Afterwards, do come along and meet your neighbours over a glass of wine and some bread and cheese, kindly hosted by one of our residents in Aldebert Terrace (we’ll let you know the address on the day).